What is a Russian Center?/ Главная / Russkiy Mir Foundation / Russian centers / What is a Russian Center?
Russian Center – Definition and MissionThe Russkiy Mir Foundation has undertaken an international cultural project to develop Russian Centers in partnership with educational organizations around the world.
The Foundation's Russian Centers are created with the aim of popularizing Russian language and culture as a crucial element of world civilization, supporting Russian language study programs abroad, developing cross-culture dialog and strengthening understanding between cultures and peoples.
Russian Centers represent the diversity of Russkiy Mir, unifying all the elements of Russian history and culture. Russkiy Mir is comprised of people of various nationalities and confessions, Russian citizens and compatriots abroad, émigrés and foreign citizens with an interest in Russia.
Russian Centers offer access to the broad cultural, historic and literary heritage of Russkiy Mir, to methods and practice of Russian education, to modern creative ideas and programs. The centers organize their work on the principle of openness, transparency and tolerance.
Russian Center – Comprehensive and Multifunctional
The Foundation's Russian Centers are structured as a unique modular complex with a basic functional set of offerings as well as special programs oriented toward the country in which the center is based. The Foundation regularly supplements and renews the materials made available at the centers.
Russian Centers operate in a systemic and multifunctional manner.
Russian Centers are resource centers that provide access to a broad range of learning materials and popular science information from Russia.
Russian Centers function as an educational system facilitating the study of Russian language and culture based on progressive methodology and programs.
Russian Centers are creative and communicative platforms providing the opportunity to organize artistic performances, academic discussions and informal gatherings of representatives of various cultural groups.
Russian Center – Contents
Russian Centers are equipped with print, audio and video materials from Russia organized into the following categories: Culture and Art; Science; Education; Russian Language; History; Society; and Contemporary Russia.
1. Library – publications of the leading Russian publishing houses
- artistic literature
- educational literature
- popular science literature
- publications for children
- books on history, philosophy, psychology, culture, art, economics, law
- Russian language dictionaries, encyclopedias, reference books
2. Multimedia Facilities
- collection of multimedia publications
- classic and contemporary Russian films
- audio books, lectures, plays, excursions
- multimedia learning and reference materials
- programs for self-education
- multi-level Russian language learning programs
- free access to database of Russian media, encyclopedia, dictionaries and reference materials
Russian Center – Main Activities1. Informational and Reference Resource: Access to a large volume of informational resources
- learning methodology and popular science materials
- multimedia collection
- Internet reference resources
- Russian media database
- print and electronic versions of encyclopedias and dictionaries
- geographic atlases and art catalogs
- database of Russian-language media and compatriot organizations outside Russia
- informational database on "Education in Russia", "Russian Language Courses", and "Long-Distance Learning", among others.
- "Russian Regions" database
- archive of journal РусскийМир.ru
- informational materials on public and cultural event of Russkiy Mir and the Foundation
2. Education: Programs and course
- Russian language learning programs based on select print and multimedia resources
- new teaching methods, including film-based learning programs
- course preparation programs based on contemporary presentation technologies
- test preparation for Russian as a foreign language
- individualized study programs for students and other visitors
- assistance in selecting language study methods for various disciplines and professions
- independent and group work with multimedia collection, including history lectures, art lectures and study of classical literature
3. Creativity: Organization of arts programs and presentations
- exhibitions, displays, permanent and traveling expositions
- film-viewing evenings – group viewing and discussions of films
- thematic weeks dedicated to Russian culture, literature, cinematography, sports, etc.
- arts competitions
- organization of festivals and celebrations dedicated to Russian language and culture
- cooperation with folklore groups and other organizations aimed at popularizing Russian culture
- participation in creative and artistic programs of the Russkiy Mir Foundation
- organizations musical evenings
4. Communication: Promotion of academic, educational and informal intercultural communication
- organization of academic conferences, seminars and roundtable discussions
- creation and organization of interest clubs and family clubs
- thematic evenings oriented on various types of audiences
- organization of children and youth cultural programs
- readers conferences and literary discussions
- organization of lectures on topics related to Russkiy Mir
- hosting of thematic presentations
- organization of meetings with cultural and public figures from Russia
- cooperation and communication through the social network of the Russkiy Mir Foundation
- consultation on grants and educational programs of the Russkiy Mir Foundation
- preparation and publication of materials on the center's activities in the mass media